Welcome to A Tech's Life. The purpose of this blog is to provide insight to some of the simple and more complicated chores that I encounter during my day as a Computer Technician.

My website is InfoTechNow

Friday, August 21, 2009

Virus Heaven

Just had a computer brought in that was inundated with virus's. After installing Vipre, and removing countless virus's the computer just reboot. Upon reload the computer told me that it could not connect remotely and had to reboot. It would not let me into Windows or Windows safe mode.

It left me no other options other then to remove hard drive from the computer and hook it up to my tech bench computer.

Immediately after telling Vipre to scan the hard drive the virus count took off like a shot, the counter moving like a stop watch. After an 11 min scan, 3901 virus's were deleted.

42 minutes to remove the virus's.

Then I ran SuperAntiSpyware. It is good to run it in conjunction with Vipre as it tends to clean the remnants that is left.

Super Anti Spyware removed 700+ cookies and numerous adware.xxx files.

Popped in the Hard Drive into the PC, rebooted, and it locked up on Windows Splash.

Ran the second repair option from the Windows XP disc and rebooted.

Paradise, the computer is Up and Running. Ran Vipre and SAS on the actual system and everything is happy. Another successful Virus removal.

--KC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment if you see an error, have a alternate solution or if it help you out!